Give Us Our Week Back
I'll put the "Christ" back in Christmas,
when you put the "Thor" back in Thursday.
The Odin back in Wednesday,
the Law back in Tuesdays,
and oh give us much more Freya in Friday,
a Saturnalia Saturday once a week,
safe Sun in our Sundays
and rabbit Moons in all Mondays.
I had a man pat his gun at me today.
– I hope that it was not intended as a threat.
How would you take it?
He looked me deadpan in the eye.
– Oh no, hope you don’t see that guy again!
– I’m glad you’re here to tell the story.
It ain’t no thing, just strangers passing on the street.
– Charming. Just a little threat to say “hello!”
I guess I know where his line lays.
– Did you blow him a kiss?
I let my eyes continue to scan the moment after our gazes locked.
It felt less like a threat and more like a “you should know”
– In the event that you should need back up
– OR had you considered liberating his funds
I grew up around guns. I can respect that.
Maybe he was trying to make friends,
“Hey look what I got for Xmas!”
-Subtle cues in body language define boundaries,
-alert us to changes in our social environment.
-Just keeping you on your toes…
Gender is not what you might think it is
My latest article for the Good Men Project
The Spirit of Crazy Horse Lives on in Me
My latest article for the Good Men Project.